POSTING DATE: 01.29.2022
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Review sales and engineering information with the project team and Electrical Engineering Manager. Check time and material budget. Notify the Manager or Project Manager if engineering estimates differ from the budget.
- Using input from the project design team (sales estimate, production requirements, customer requirements), work collaboratively with the Electrical Engineering Manager and/or other department members to define suitable system architectures for custom automation equipment. The architecture will include proper selection of a system controller (PLC, PAC, etc.); networking design, including a selection of critical networking components; selection of input and output hardware; selection of motion control components; selection of safety interlocks and controllers; provision to integrate.
- Considering NEC, NFPA, and customer standards, and corporate standards, design circuit and layout drawings of control and power panels utilizing AutoCAD LT or AutoCAD Electrical.
- Considering NEC, NFPA, and customer standards, and corporate standards, design all fluid power circuitry (pneumatics, hydraulics) utilizing AutoCAD LT or AutoCAD Electrical.
- Utilizing internal standards, create organized bills of material for all designs. Inform the Project Manager of any long-lead items.
- Work collaboratively with the Electrical Engineering Manager and/or other department members to create software applications and configuration files for all programmable devices within the architecture. This includes PLC logic, operator interfaces, motion controllers, robotics, vision inspection systems, and other programmable process equipment.
- Understand and execute all applicable internal processes, especially those that relate to the quality management system.
- Check drawings prior to releasing to the shop. Make sure they agree with mechanical design and customer requirements.
- Make sure drawings are functional to allow the electrical assembly department to do the job efficiently.
- Travel to customer’s facility for install and field service.
- Assist shop personnel in checking or troubleshooting equipment as required.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 4-year technical degree and / or 10 years of progressive automation engineering related experience.
- Computer and office software skills.
- Communication skills.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- For up to 12 hours, sit, stand, walk on shop floor
- Push, pull, reach overhead, and bend to the floor.
- Exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or exert 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
MEASURES OF EXCELLENCE
- Success will be measured by the effectiveness in the application of technology to furnish safe, high-quality equipment.
- Success will be measured by the accuracy of and adherence to design hour and material cost estimates.
- Success will be measured by forecasting and meeting your own projections and completion dates.
ABOUT TESSY AUTOMATION
Collaborative, transparent, and reliable, Tessy Automation designs and builds custom automation solutions for OEM and large industrial manufacturers looking to grow or innovate within their industry segment.
Tessy Automation has been recognized as one of the top employers in the area. That’s because we believe the key to operational excellence depends on people, and to that end we strive to hire the best while providing a positive environment that accounts for people’s quality of life through competitive benefits and employee programs. As a family-owned business, we care about the welfare of our people and want to ensure they have a healthy work-life balance.