POSTING DATE: 01.29.2022
This position has a primary focus of Design Engineer with focus on Computer Aided Design, Drafting and Manufacturing. Directly reports to Mechanical Engineering Manager.
- Work independently and with the Project Manager, on a project basis, to conceive, develop, and organize and direct actions necessary to completely build equipment suitable for its intended use within budget and delivery requirements.
- To research, develop, and design a wide range of machinery with custom features, according to the requirements of Tessy Automation’s individual customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for equipment design from receipt of specifications and budget from Sales to acceptance by the customer
- Project and control design and material costs on assigned projects.
- Provide design concepts and sketches to Designers. Review and approve all designs and schedules.
- Contact vendors to solicit design information and specify required components.
- Meet with Sales and the customer to confirm and agree on acceptable designs for specific orders.
- Assist in troubleshooting design problems and resolving customer complaints.
- Work closely with the Shop, Assembly and Field Service personnel to simplify their work, improve their understanding of the equipment and ensure that the equipment is properly installed.
- Establish and simplify design standards to reduce material and labor costs.
TRAINING AND WORK EXPERIENCE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in ME or MET required.
- Five years of engineering experience in mechanical engineering design of mechanical equipment.
- Experience with Solidworks or similar mechanical CAD drafting package, as well as general computer skills
- Engineering skills required include solid knowledge of mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics, and machine controls
- Good mechanical, analytical, and technical skills
- Good administrative, interpersonal, and communication skills
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The employee is required to:
- Sit, stand, walk, push, pull, reach overhead, and bend to the floor.
- Exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or
- Exert 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or
- Exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Accommodation as required for reading computer screens and documentation.
MEASURES OF EXCELLENCE
- Represent the corporation to the public and clients in a manner that will enhance personal as well as corporate reputation.
- Emphasize process and productivity structure that provide predictable design results.\
- The employee may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws
ABOUT TESSY AUTOMATION
Collaborative, transparent, and reliable, Tessy Automation designs and builds custom automation solutions for OEM and large industrial manufacturers looking to grow or innovate within their industry segment.
Tessy Automation has been recognized as one of the top employers in the area. That’s because we believe the key to operational excellence depends on people, and to that end we strive to hire the best while providing a positive environment that accounts for people’s quality of life through competitive benefits and employee programs. As a family-owned business, we care about the welfare of our people and want to ensure they have a healthy work-life balance.